Mr Luke Cascarini is an experienced surgeon specialising in surgery of the Mouth, Jaw and Face (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery).
“My medical and surgical training has been completed with higher level training in surgery. I have spent many years specialising in surgical techniques that can be used to treat a wide range of problems in the mouth, jaws and face.”
My main areas of expertise
- Jaw joint surgery – surgery on the temporomandibular joint to correct problems with jaw mobility and pain and inflammation within the joint.
- Jaw joint replacement – this new technique is now becoming established and I am one of the leading surgeons offering this procedure in the UK.
- Trans-oral robotic surgery (TORS) – I use a robotic surgery system to perform complex operations in the mouth, including tumour removal and post-cancer surgery reconstructions.
- Salivary gland surgery using minimally invasive techniques to avoid functional problems later.
- Oral surgery to remove lumps in the mouth.
- Reconstruction after cranial facial trauma.
- Removal of wisdom teeth that are impacted or complicated.
- Removal of lumps in the neck, benign or cancerous.
- Surgery for oral cancer.
- Reconstruction of the jaw, face and neck after surgery to treat head and neck cancer. This may include complex microsurgical free flap reconstruction.